Is it important for a counselor to be licensed?
YES! Always. Anyone can call him/herself a “psychotherapist” or “counselor” and they don’t need to be licensed or regulated in many states.
A Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), or Social Worker (LSW) will have had to pass board exams, need to meet very strict standards with the state board and will are required to obtain continued education in their field.
You can also visit the state board websites to see whether licensed professionals are in good standing or not and up to date with all educational and license requirements.
Can Dr. B speak at my church or school--even if it is a public school?
Yes she can! Simply fill out our “contact us” form and you will be contacted with availability and further details.
Current seminars available:
- 90-minute Parent Survival Seminar
- 60-minute “13 Reasons Why…” Seminar
- The effects of stress on teens–depression, anxiety and suicidal ideation
- Crisis Training for School Staff
- Child Protective Seminar and Training for School Staff